Do you plan on installing a skylight in your living area, bathroom, kitchen, or converted attic? Are you on the fence because you’re thinking about whether or not it’s a worthwhile investment? Just like other home improvement projects, you’ll need to consider multiple factors before going forward with it. In this post, a top skylight and roofing company shares the pros and cons of installing skylights.
Pros of Skylight Installation
Having a skylight installation is good for numerous reasons. Here are some of the best benefits:
- Adds Natural Lighting. The main benefit of skylighting is that it maximizes the amount of sunlight that enters your home. This brightens and widens your living space, making it look more spacious and comfortable. It’s also worth noting that natural light enhances your mood and daily productivity.
- Enhances Your Home’s Appearance. Your roofer would tell you that adding a skylight will improve your home’s exterior while creating an inviting atmosphere for your living space. In turn, this improves your home’s appearance and resale value.
- Impeccable Views. A skylight serves as a bridge to the outdoors, allowing you to get in touch with nature in the comfort of your own home. It gives you a great view of the stars at night, and the beautiful blue sky during the day.
Cons of Skylighting
Just like any home improvement project, there are some drawbacks that you’ll have to consider. Here are some of them:
- Air Leaks. A skylight can cause heat loss if it’s not installed by a skilled roofer or it’s built using subpar materials. Make sure that you work with a certified roofing company to get the most out of your investment.
- Allows Too Much Light or Heat In. If your skylight is placed in the wrong location or orientation, it could bring in excessive amounts of heat and light. This is why you should conduct preliminary inspections and consultations to find out the best location to install your skylights.
If you’re looking for affordable financing options for your roofing project, be sure to check out what we have to offer at Right Angle Builders, Inc. As a reputable roof replacement company, we always get the job done efficiently and ensure your satisfaction. To get started, just contact us at (631) 849-8988 or by filling out our convenient contact form.